Plan Your Trip
Looking for a better way to get around? Whether you drive, take a bus or train, bicycle, carpool or vanpool, use 511 to help you plan your best route to work or play.
Plan Your Trip with:
- Bus/Rail Trip Planner: Use a trip planner to find the best route for you on a bus or train in Southern California.
- NexTrip: Get bus departure and arrival information for most bus and rail service in Southern California.
- Carpool or Vanpool finder: Learn all about carpooling and vanpooling in the region and even find a rideshare partner.
- Driving Travel Times: Pick your freeway and the direction of travel to figure out how long your trip will take.
- Driving Directions: Link to Mapquest for driving directions.
Use additional Go511.com features to plan the trip that’s right for you:
511 gives you freeway drive times and freeway speeds along your route and will also tell you if there is road construction or a traffic incident ahead. You can also view real-time traffic cameras along major freeways in Southern California.
Buses and Trains
511 is your one-stop source for bus, subway and train information in Southern California. Use our Trip Planner to find the best route for your trip or the Find a Transit Provider tool to find bus or train service near you.
Carpool and Vanpool (Commuter Services)
Find the best way to commute to work with 511. Find a Park & Ride lot near your home and even help your employer organize a rideshare program at your workplace.
In addition to using Go511.com, you can plan your trip by calling 511. Call 511 from anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties from a landline or a cell phone. Simple instructions will guide you to the information you need – you can use your touch tone key pad or just say what you want and 511 will understand you.
It’s easy. Simply say what you want: Traffic, Public Transit or Commute Services. To get the information faster, be more specific. You can say something like: “Traffic on the 405”, “Buses in Santa Monica” or “Find a carpool partner.” 511 will give you the information you need or will transfer you to someone who can help.
For more information on calling 511, visit 511 On The Phone.