Southern California 511 is a free traveler information service that gives you live traffic reports, transit planning and commuter service information in the Los Angeles area via a toll-free phone number and website. Call 511 or visit Go511.com to check real time traffic speeds, find traffic alerts, view live traffic cameras, plan a trip on a bus or train, and even find a carpool or vanpool partner. 511 will help improve your commute and keep you informed about Los Angeles area traffic before leaving the house and while on the road.
511 provides information about:
- Traffic - 511 gives you Los Angeles area freeway traffic drive times and freeway speeds along your route and will also tell you if there is road construction, a traffic alert or an accident ahead. Incidents, SigAlerts, accidents, road closures, lane closures, real-time live traffic cameras, travel times and traffic speeds can all be viewed on the interactive live Traffic Map.
- Buses and Trains - 511 is your one-stop source for bus, subway and train information in Southern California. Use our Trip Planner to find the best route for your trip or the Find a Transit Provider tool to find bus or train service near you. Or, simply call 511 to connect to a transit provider.
- Carpool and Vanpool (Commuter Services) -
Find the best way to commute to work with Commutesmart.info and 511. Find a carpool or vanpool partner in your area, locate a Park & Ride lot near your home and even help your employer organize a rideshare program at your workplace.
- Extras - Find Southern California bike maps, learn how to take your bike on buses and trains, get information on bike safety and more. Also link to area airports and taxi services.
- Weather - check the weather in your neighborhood or any other city in Southern California
You can call Southern California 511 from anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties from a landline or a cell phone. Simple instructions will guide you to the information you need – you can use your touch tone key pad or just say what you want and 511 will understand you.
It’s easy: simply say what you want: “Traffic“, Public Transit” or “Commute Services.” To get the information faster, be more specific. You can say something like: “Traffic on the 405”, “Bus Schedules” or “Find a carpool partner.” 511 will give you the information you need or will transfer you to someone who can help.
Go511.com has simple menus to help you find information quickly and plan the right route for your commute. Use the interactive Los Angeles area live Traffic map to view traffic in your area or visit Buses and Trains to find the right transit service for your trip. Tired of driving alone? Visit Carpool and Vanpool to get matched with a driving partner. You can also find more features under Extras to help you get to your destination.