Southern California 511 is a free traveler information service that gives you live traffic reports, transit planning, commuter service information, motorist aid, or FasTrak information in the Southern California area through a toll-free phone number, website and mobile application. Call 511, visit Go511.com, or download the Go511 mobile app to retrieve all the information for your traveling needs. 511 will help improve your commute and keep you informed before leaving the house and while on the go.
511 provides information about:
- Traffic - 511 gives you freeway travel times and freeway speeds along your route and will also tell you if there is road construction, a traffic alert or an accident ahead. Incidents, SigAlerts, accidents, road closures, lane closures, real-time live traffic cameras, travel times and traffic speeds can all be viewed on the interactive live Traffic Map.
- Buses and Trains (Public Transit) - 511 is your one-stop source for bus, subway and train information in Southern California. Use our Trip Planner to find the best route for your trip or the Find a Transit Provider tool to find bus or train service near you. Or, simply call 511 to connect to a transit provider.
- Carpool and Vanpool (Commuter Services) -
Find the best way to commute to work with Commutesmart.info and 511. Find a carpool or vanpool partner in your area, locate a Park & Ride lot near your home and even help your employer organize a rideshare program at your workplace.
- Motorist Aid – If your vehicle needs assistance on the freeway, you can call 511 and request assistance from the Freeway Service Patrol or an auto club.
- FasTrak – FasTrak ® is an electronic toll collection system used on tollways in California that allows drivers to drive through designated "FasTrak ® Only" lanes without stopping. There will be no toll booths and all tolls will be collected electronically.
- Downtown LA Parking - LA Express Park™, a technologically advanced parking system that will notify motorists where parking is available by using in-ground sensors on city streets and lots. LA Express Park also introduces dynamic pricing to parking spots on streets within the 4.5 square mile pilot-area in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Extras - Learn about the new Go511 mobile app and link to your app store to download. Find Southern California bike maps, learn how to take your bike on buses and trains, get information on bike safety and more. Also link to area airports and taxi services.
- Weather - check the weather in your neighborhood or any other city in Southern California
You can call Southern California 511 from anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties from a landline or a cell phone. Simple instructions will guide you to the information you need – you can use your touch tone key pad or say what you want and 511 will provide you with the information you requested.
It’s easy: simply say what you want: “Traffic“, “Public Transit”, “Commuter Services”, “Motorist Aid”, “FasTrak” or “Downtown LA Parking”. 511 will provide you with the information you need or transfer you to someone who can help.
Go511.com has simple menus to help you find information quickly and plan the right route for your commute. Use the interactive live Traffic map to view traffic in your area or visit Buses and Trains to find the right transit service for your trip. Tired of driving alone? Visit Carpool and Vanpool to get matched with a driving partner. You can also find more features under Extras to help you get to your destination.
Go511 Mobile Application
The Go511 mobile application offers commuters and riders a smarter way to travel. You’ll get up-to-the-minute traffic updates plus real-time and scheduled transit information for five counties in Southern California: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura. With traffic and transit in the palm of your hand, you can choose the route that’s best for you! Download the Go511 app here. You can also search for “Go511” in the iTunes or Google Play app stores.